Food Safety Quality Assurance, Senior Manager
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Food Safety and Quality (FSQA) Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of food ingredients as well as food processing procedures. This position develops and implements food safety and quality assurance programs related to food ingredients and/or food processing procedures with a focus on either food ingredients and/or new or changed equipment.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Ensures the safety and quality of food served to guests by developing and implementing food safety and quality assurance programs. May focus on protein, produce or grocery products, and/or food processing equipment.
- Conducts supply chain audits and corrective actions follow up to ensure ingredients and equipment meet the company's FSQA standards and specifications. Makes restaurant visits to monitor how the recipes are being prepared.
- Works with the supply chain team, product development team and/or franchise partners to manage the company's supply chain base to meet company needs. Ensures the quality and safety of supplier programs, processes, products and equipment.
- May manage Food Technologists and/or FSQA Managers, who provide technical expertise in support of the company's FSQA programs and initiatives. Selects, coaches, and provides performance feedback.
- Manages performance data for supply chain partners and processors, and identifies any performance improvement opportunities. Collects and analyzes supplier, guest, and operator feedback and works with internal and external partners to resolve FSQA issues.
- Investigates guest complaints and any other issues related to the safety and quality of the food. Partners with supply chain team to obtain credit from suppliers when food or equipment does not meet company standards.
- Coaches and enrolls supply chain partners and restaurants to implement continuous improvements in food and/or equipment procedures to minimize food safety risk and improve food quality. Ensures supply chain partners are in compliance with Hazard Analysis for Critical Control Points (HACCP) and all other FSQA programs.
- Provides technical support to cross-functional teams to ensure the success of new products from concept to commercialization and store execution. May recommend changes to Product Development. Develops and maintains strong relationships with SCM, PD, and Brand.
- Manages and updates FSQA Manual containing company programs and procedures, as well as food safety audit standards, ingredient specifications and production processes for supply chain partners and restaurant operators. Troubleshoots end products to determine cause of complaints (supplier vs. execution in restaurants).
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Public Health, Biology, Chemistry or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum seven years of experience in FSQA in a food processing or food retail environment, with increasing management responsibility
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top