Facilities Manager - Arizona
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Facilities Manager will support stores in a specific region(s) as follows:
- Search, evaluate, negotiate and contract regional vendors for scheduling and providing preventative and requested maintenance and repair services to all assigned stores to achieve prompt service and optimal responsiveness
- Manage vendors’ performance to ensure all work meets quality requirements and that service is provided in a timely and cost effective manner
- Review service invoices that are over $500 for proper billing
- Evaluate contractor workmanship for sustained quality service to the stores
- Provide training to store managers in partnership with the training department, and/or Operations Leadership
- Conduct routine store inspections to create reports of found R/M issues and recommend solutions to Operations Leadership
- Implement repair and maintenance programs that enable the store managers to handle routine, minor and urgent situations; train store managers on using the programs and working with vendors
- Actively partner with and support Risk Management for crisis management by responding to emergencies
- Coordinate with landlords and contractors to implement new code and lease required improvement, repair and maintenance issues that may affect the leasing agreement
- Assist the Finance Department in budgeting for annual capital expenses of repair & maintenance, equipment replacement and minor store remodeling in the assigned areas
- Respond timely to urgent requests from operations and work diligently to resolve issues that may cause interruption of store operations and/or impact the safety of our customers and associates
- Log in all service calls and follow-ups into R/M tracking system
- Follow all filing procedures and maintain all files in good order
- Respond to service calls per the service level agreement and help guide store managers to resolve the problem or issues through the telephone per policy and procedures
- Oversee minor modifications and remodel projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5 years experience in facility maintenance or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience with tracking software and MS Office Suite
- Proficiency and facilities knowledge in refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and general building construction
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top