Employee Relations Consultant (Temporary)
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Temporary Employee Relations Consultant position is responsible to field associate relations oriented calls and leading investigations to resolve associate complaints or concerns, specifically LOAs. This position works with Operations leaders, field HR, and Legal to develop and implement positive workforce practices and strategies aligned with the company's Mission, Values, and Culture.
- Develops and implements positive workforce practices and strategies in collaboration with Operations leaders and HR. Aligns practices and strategies with the company's Mission, Values, Culture as well as desired work environment and business goals.
- Reviews and investigates all requests for LOAs to ensure requested action complies with company policy.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required; recruiting experience preferred
- Minimum eight years of experience in HR handling associate relations issues, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment with multi-units/sites
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to employment (i.e., discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, etc.)
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, writing, and assessment skills
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prepare investigation reports and related written documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate the values of the organization and to exemplify the highest level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with Operations leadership, providing guidance on company policies and practices related to associate relations
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top