Director, Property Management
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Director, Property Management
The Director, Property Management is responsible for the Property Management function and budget and reports to the Senior Vice President and Head of the Cherng Family Trust (CFT). This position implements process improvement within the Property Management function, including new standards, policies, and procedures. This position leads a team of managers and professionals responsible for all CFT leases & rents, audits and property-related issues, coaching and developing associates to elevate their performance. The Director provides strategic direction and supervision of complex property management related issues.
- Responsible for the Property Management function and budget, providing strategic direction and supervision of complex property management issues.
- Develops Property Management strategies in collaboration with the CFT Senior Vice President. Responsible for establishing and overseeing Property Management standards, policies, and procedures.
- Leads Property Management team, including Property Managers and Representatives, coaching and developing associates to elevate their performance. Works with the CFT Senior Vice President to hire, retain, and develop associate performance to support the company's growth strategies.
- Oversees work performed by the Property management team with third-party facility managers, vendors, and tenants to resolve property repair and maintenance issues. Oversees larger commercial and office building investments.
- Oversees the completion of annual CAM Requisitions and budgeting and bills tenants accordingly. Oversees the tracking, reviewing, approving, and coding of property invoices to ensure payment is processed on time. Works with Property Management team to handle delinquent rent collection in accordance with established policies.
- Provides second level reviews and directions for complex and high-level property management, including litigation. Visits and inspects properties in different states when the property is turned over to Property Management.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate
- Minimum ten years of Property Management experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment, with increasing management responsibility; prior supervisory experience required.
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Travel (overnight and local): 30% - 40%
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top