Director, International Supply Chain
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Director, International Supply Chain is responsible for achieving optimal purchasing and logistics arrangements for international Operations. This position coordinates all supply chain arrangements for PRG international partners. The Director works with other SCM Purchasing and Logistics Directors to meet the needs of PRG international partners. This position also works with Marketing, Training, QA, and International to ensure international Operations receives necessary support from key PRG departments. The Director is responsible for building relationships and establishing strong communications with PRG international partners, suppliers, and distributors.
- Responsible for achieving optimal purchasing and logistics arrangements for international Operations by coordinating all supply chain arrangements for PRG international partners. Develops and maintains strong relationships with PRG distribution and supply chain providers and international partners.
- Works with other SCM Purchasing and Logistics Directors to identify suppliers and distribution partners in close proximity to support International Operations and PRG international partners. Identifies where to acquire various food items for each international partnership and coordinates the relationships on behalf of PRG international partners.
- Researches and studies countries where PRG has acquired or is considering international partnerships. Determines trade laws, tariffs, and related issues that affect how retail operations function in each country under consideration for international expansion. Stays current on all issues related to international supply chain management.
- Recruits, selects, and develops an effective international team to provide SCM support to international partners. Provides leadership, coaching and development to the team to meet the department's people planning and development goals.
- Acts as a liaison between PRG departments, such as International, Marketing, Training, and QA and international partners to ensure international Operations receives needed support. Communicates with international partners concerning PRG philosophy and growth plans and aligns them with the company to support global growth.
- Leads or supports cross-functional projects with PRG departments, including Marketing, SCM, Training, QA, and International to support international growth. Ensures strong communications across departments and with international partners.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; MBA degree preferred
- Minimum ten years of experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably in international Operations within a multi-unit retail/hospitality organization.
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top