Director, Creative Services
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Director, Creative Services position defines and oversees the creative strategy, development and execution of design and copy/editorial content for Panda to reach and create an emotional connection with guests. The Director acts as a sounding board for the Creative Services, in-house agency, Brand and Concept teams as well as all external agencies in the support and refinement of the Panda brand. Provides a high level of relationship-building and business strategy to Creative and client teams.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities.
- Provides overall creative direction and feedback that proactively delivers PRG’s vision, culture and brand and ensures all creative executions align with the company’s marketing and business strategies. Builds and promotes a more direct and contemporary connection between Panda and its guests through the company’s visual and written communications.
- Leads, coaches and develops the Creative Services team. Sets the department’s vision and executes its staffing and development initiatives.
- Champions brand positioning and standards at every point of contact and sets and maintains the integrity of creative standards.
- Supports Marketing, Operations and Support Center leadership in the evaluation, development and refinement of strategic communications at the individual project, program and brand levels.
- Collaborates with internal Marketing teams to deliver integrated campaigns. Educates internal stakeholders about creative and strategic communications trends and metrics and consults with them on new opportunities.
- Seeks and engages with external agencies as partners in developing and producing the company’s brand, promotional and strategic communications. Builds strong, collaborative business partnerships with key clients, colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, journalism, public relations, communications or a related field; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in graphic design, advertising or communications-related field with increasing management experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top