Corporate/Real Estate Paralegal
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come
join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Real Estate/Corporate Paralegal provides support with real estate and corporate transactions. The Real Estate/Corporate Paralegal summarizes and communicates due diligence issues to the Cherng Family Office(CFT) Legal, Real Estate Development and Leasing Teams, and assists with legal due diligence matters, corporate maintenance and structuring, business tax payments and related matters, commercial contracts, corporate governance, and litigation monitoring. This position performs a variety of paralegal work, such as drafting contracts and other legal documents, under the supervision of an attorney; ordering/obtaining and reviewing title documents, environmental reports, and leases; preparing title due diligence memos; managing closings; and processing all invoices. This position ensures accurate and timely review and execution of all due diligence, real estate closing and corporate compliance documents.
- Manages the legal due diligence process, ordering/obtaining and reviewing all title documents, environmental reports, and in-place leases. Prepares title review, environmental review, and lease review memoranda advising on development or other issues discovered. Obtains 3rd party consents from sellers, tenants, adjacent landowners and other CC&R's parties. Processes all invoices.
- Assists attorneys and managers with corporate and LLC formation and organization and with preparation of legal documents. Ensures accurate and timely review, execution and filing of all corporate compliance and governance documents.
- Manages escrows for purchase transactions. Responsible for closing purchase transactions. Obtains title policies and prepares title objection and closing letters independently.
- Prepares all related-party leases (e.g., to Panda Express), and abstracts all new leases.
- Prepares first draft of all non related-party leases (i.e., to third parties), lease amendments and lease renewals; and abstracts all new leases.
- Prepares first draft of all purchase and sale contracts.
- Reviews and revises confidentiality agreements, estoppel certificates, brokerage listing agreements etc.
- Manages all legal information and due diligence databases.
- Assists in building and maintaining partnerships with critical stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Law or related field required; Paralegal certification or JD strongly preferred
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience, including at least three (3) years of due diligence/real estate and/or corporate paralegal experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top