Construction Coordinator CFT - Temporary
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Construction Project Coordinator ensures that all necessary documentation is prepared and provided to the Project Management team to support the construction of new stores. The Coordinator works closely with the Project Manager using the RD Project Management System to prepare and produce documents related to the bidding process with general contractors and other vendors and to the entire construction process, from contract preparation through on-time project closing. This position also supports Operations management with any store-related service requests.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Works closely with the Project Manager using the PRG Project Management System to prepare and produce documents related to the bidding process with general contractors and service vendors.Assembles and distributes bidding documents, construction contract agreements, etc.
- Works with project consultants and Project Managers to coordinate and prepare required construction documents during the construction process in support of the Project Management team, including drawing production, permitting, etc. ensure meeting milestones up to the start of construction.
- Sets up utilities such as telephone, power, water, gas, trash, and satellite TV for new construction.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and service requests for new stores. Processes construction service-related invoices and charge-backs and resolves outstanding invoices ( e.g., security, music, etc.)
- Ensures timely close-out of construction projects. Collects and produces all necessary close out documents for the Project Management team.
- Supports Operations management with any store-related service requests.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering or related field
- One to two years of work experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality organization
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top