Concept Project Manager
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Concept Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for leading concept marketing content development, project fulfillment, coordination, and testing process. This position streamlines marketing output (field collateral, merchandise, promotions, and concept tests) to the stores, ensuring the stores receive what they need on a timely basis. The CPM also manages content and creative for national in-store display and Regional collateral development. The CPM negotiates with marketing vendors and works with cross-functional teams on implementing concept projects. The CPM effectively scales concept projects to meet business needs for national and International fulfillment and manages corporate marketing programs including catering, gift cards, and fundraising.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for leading the concept marketing project fulfillment, coordination, and testing process. Streamlines marketing output (field collateral, merchandise, SWAG, promotions, and concept tests) to ensure stores receive what they need on a timely basis, both nationally and internationally.
- Leads cross-functional teams involving Marketing, Operations, and Supply Chain Management to produce and disseminate new concept projects to Operations within established timelines. Manages and prepares budgets for review.
- Manages and develops a team of concept marketing professionals. Selects, coaches, and provides performance feedback to associates to elevate their performance. Works with the Concept Marketing Director to select, evaluate, and retain staff.
- Negotiates with marketing vendors and leads the vendor relationship to produce products needed to realize the concept. Leads the RFP process for new vendors and projects related to the concept.
- Maintains regular communication with Operations leaders and with the Regional Marketing Team to forecast and brainstorm the best approach to improve existing ambiance elements and to execute ambiance products/programs. Effectively scales concept projects to meet Operations business needs.
- Provides effective training and development on concept initiative to the Regional Marketing team and Operations leaders where needed.
- Supports content development for digital menu boards in support of national initiatives and oversees maintenance of digital menu board, music, and other ambiance programs.
- Manages the Retail & Panda Gift Card, Catering, Fundraising programs to include promotion, logistics and analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required, MBA preferred
- Minimum five years of directly applicable marketing and brand development experience, preferably in a nationally branded retail/hospitality environment, with increasing managerial experience
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top