Catering and Sales Project Representative
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Catering and Sales Project Representative is responsible for the catering process, from lead generation to catering training for Panda Express. This position oversees catering contracts with corporations, government entities, third-party delivery vendors, fundraising events and other external vendors. The position is responsible for development and execution of the catering sales plans and strategies that involve obtaining new catering practices.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Partners with Director to build catering training programs and working with external vendors on new catering delivery methods
- Supports Director in enrolling and implementing catering and delivery programs with Operations partners. Provides training to staff in all aspects of the catering business, including sales techniques, proper equipment use, food preparation, presentation and delivery, and record keeping, billing and reporting.
- Develops strong relationships and effective communications with Panda Express operators and other concepts leadership and restaurant staff to ensure smooth execution of the catering and delivery programs.
- Develops appropriate menu for catering business and ensures compliance with company guidelines related to menu specifications, pricing, discounting, promotional items, and expense management.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate catering paperwork and updated customer files. Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on sales activities, event expenses, and other required information.
- Manages budget and administers project invoice processing, following up with vendors to clarify discrepancies and charges, and submits check requests.
- Manages schedule and logistics for Catering team.
- Bachelor's degree or degree in culinary arts required.
- Minimum three years of work experience; Strong preferred experience in Operations and catering in a retail/hospitality environment
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top