At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The BI Analyst is responsible for developing and maximizing the utilization of business intelligence at PRG. The BI Analyst works with end users across different functions to identify their analysis needs, develop data visualization dashboards, partner with data services to maintain the BI architecture and collaborate with data subject matter experts to meet end-user requirements. The BI analyst is also responsible for driving usage of BI tools by providing training, communication, and support.
- Researches and identifies BI needs, goals, and opportunities by partnering with end users, stakeholders, and data subject matter experts.
- Builds comprehensive dashboards and mobile applications using MicroStrategy while utilizing various data sources (flat files, database servers, etc)
- Keeps current with BI trends to understand best practices by attending conferences and user group meetings.
- Monitors BI content usage and data quality metrics to evaluate BI content and enhances content as needed to better meet the needs of the business.
- Partners with leadership team, PMO, and data team to identify technology and data requirements to make analysis accessible, usable, and integrated.
- Provides regular training, support, and communication to promote business intelligence initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in Business, Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum five years of analytical experience including two to three years of experience with data visualization tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
- Broad business background, including Finance, Sales, and Operations
- Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with BI visualization tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation and facilitation skills
- Project and financial analysis skills
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Ability to assist with projects
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to understand and satisfy user needs and requirements
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Back to top