Brand Marketing Representative
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Brand Management Representative supports development of assigned promotions, typically three to four over a two-year period. This position conducts financial and related analysis as the basis for building a business case and determining pricing. The Brand Management Representative provides oversight or leads projects related to assigned promotions, including developing market forecasts and pricing studies. This position also helps execute field Operations tests for new menu concepts. Supports the brand managers in the day-to-day management of brand building initiatives, demonstrating a strong passion for the brand. Supports the development and execution of annual marketing plans and national promotions, typically three to four over a two-year period; provides cross-functional team support to ensure all aspects are addressed.
- Supports development of assigned promotions, typically three to four over a two-year period.
- Leads projects or provides oversight related to the assigned promotions. Provides project management support for larger projects.
- Conducts financial and related analysis as the basis for building a business case and determining pricing. Assists with developing market forecasts and with pricing studies.
- Helps execute field Operations test for new menu concepts.
- Designs, tests, and implements service standards, procedures, and projects to improve the guest experience.
- Conducts consumer research studies for new products or national promotions.
- Develops tools and training materials for Operations to effectively execute new products and processes.
- Supports the management of outside consultants, agencies, and cross-functional partners during the design and implementation of promotions and new products.
- Uses consumer and marketplace data and trends to gain a deeper understanding of guest demographics, psychographics and behavioral drivers to improve understanding of our guests
- Conducts financial and related analysis to develop Panda strategic pricing architecture, providing data based, annual pricing recommendations as well as ad-hoc pricing evaluations from Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
- Minimum of three years of marketing and brand development experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
- Basic knowledge of marketing and restaurant operations
- Demonstrated analytical and financial analysis skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Project management skills, including time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication (verbal and writing) skills
- Ability to cook and perform other Operations functions in Panda stores
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top