At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Bookkeeper Treasury position is responsible for supporting Operations in the areas of armored service and banking, responding to inquiries and assisting with store openings. This position gathers daily online deposit activities and inputs them in the deposit reconciliation system as well as reconciles bank accounts for multiple stores periodically.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Provides customer service to Operations in the areas of armored service and banking. Responds to inquiries and assists new stores in opening bank accounts and setting up armored service. Processes stop payments and check inquiries for corporate bank accounts.
- Gathers daily online deposit activities and inputs them in the deposit reconciliation system. Reports deposit variances and conducts investigations daily for 200+ stores.
- Reconciles bank accounts for multiple stores periodically.
- Performs corporate receipt deposits and posts to General Ledger.
- Responsible for logging and retrieving Treasury records. Performs credit card retrieval fulfillment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; coursework in Accounting preferred
- Minimum two years of relevant experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
- Knowledge of accounting processes related to Treasury
- Basic knowledge of Treasury systems and Microsoft Excel
- Communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Actively participates in sharing before a group
- Ability to follow directions and pay attention to details
- Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations ("win/win")
- Demonstrates proactive behavior
- Ability to identify problems and issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top