Bookkeeper Payroll Temporary
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Bookkeeper (Payroll) position is responsible for entering, verifying, and maintaining payroll information for assigned Region. This position processes bi-weekly payrolls and prepares daily, weekly, and bi-weekly federal and state tax data for transmission to ADP.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Processes the bi-weekly payroll for assigned Regions, ensures garnishment orders are properly handled, uploads vacation hours to Lawson, and processes safety shoe payments from employees. Enters, verifies, and maintains payroll information for assigned Regions.
- Provides customer service to Operations concerning payroll time card issues. Handles incoming calls from stores in assigned Region related to payroll issues.
- Prepares federal and state tax data for transmission to ADP and reconciles ADP reports with department.
- Processes journal entries, and reconciles balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- High school diploma and coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two years of relevant experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes related to Accounts Payable
- Basic knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and sub-systems related to Payroll preferred
- Familiarity with retail/hospitality industry and practices preferred
- Computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Ability to actively participate before a group
- Ability to follow directions and pay attention to details
- Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations (“win/win”)
- Demonstrates proactive behavior
- Ability to identify problems and issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top