Bookkeeper Accounts Payable
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Bookkeeper (Accounts Payable) position is responsible for processing and entering invoices for national accounts. This position issues periodic payments to special vendors based on their contractual terms. The Bookkeeper reconciles the electronic vendor input with company’s purchasing records. This position also processes all store invoices, ensuring their accuracy, archiving them, and verifying and seeking approvals for payment using the online system.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Processes invoices for national accounts, reconciling the vendor feeds with company purchasing records and issuing payment to vendors.
- Provides customer service to vendors and Operations, responding to questions about past due invoices or servicing equipment at the stores.
- Processes store level invoices from local vendors. Matches and verifies invoices to ensure accuracy and scans and indexes invoices for archiving. Verifies invoices for payment using the on-line invoicing system.
- Prepares journal entries for the general Ledger and corrects any discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two years of relevant experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes related to Accounts Payable
- Basic knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and sub-systems related to Accounts Payable preferred
- Familiarity with retail/hospitality industry and practices preferred
- Computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Communication (oral and written) and listening
- Ability to actively participate before a group
- Ability to follow directions and pay attention to details
- Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations (“win/win”)
- Demonstrates proactive behavior
- Ability to identify problems and issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top