At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Benefits Administrator position is responsible for administering the company's benefit programs, consulting with and advising associates on eligibility, amounts of coverage, and claims procedures. This position may administer 401(k), health insurance, and other benefit plans. The Benefits Administrator participates in meetings to respond to associate questions and mediate their issues with benefit providers and third party administrators. The Benefits Administrator handles the annual open enrollment process for the company.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Responsible for administering the company's benefit programs, consulting with and advising associates on eligibility, amounts of coverage, and claims procedures. Administers the health insurance, 401(k) and other benefit plans. Ensures that information on the various plans is available to associates.
- Participates in meetings to describe, explain, and respond to questions concerning the company's benefit programs. Mediates issues between employees and benefit plans, working with providers and third party administrators.
- Handles the annual open enrollment process for the company. Communicates open enrollment information to associates to provide updated and accurate information as the basis for their enrollment decisions. Produces audit reports to ensure that all eligible employees receive enrollment information. Creates open enrollment communication materials for associates and enters payroll premiums into the HRIS and audits the entries for accuracy.
- Administers the company car program, coordinating the assignment of cars and ensuring that associates have all necessary documentation related to insurance, etc. Makes recommendations on the make and model of cars to be included in the program based on fuel economy, safety, and total cost of the car.
- Conducts training sessions at the SC and in the field for both Support Center and Operations associates to communicate the benefit options available as the basis for their making appropriate benefit selections.
- Handles highly sensitive information and administers executive benefits (Long Term Disability and Life Insurance) to ensure accurate enrollment and coverage
- Provides enrollment statistics to assist the Committee in taking actions to improve employee participation.
- Participates in appropriate benefit survey sources and submits company data
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- Minimum three years of HR/Benefits experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top