Bartender - YakiYan
- Has an interest in food and beverage with a desire to increase their knowledge.
- A natural salesperson.
- A person who has an innate ability to read customers through non-verbal cues and the ability to react quickly.
- Someone who is enthusiastic about exceeding guest's expectations.
- Someone who can handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Takes pride in their appearance and their job.
- Takes direction well and has the willingness to continue to learn.
- Someone who is extremely sociable and able to switch gears in order to handle a diverse guest base.
- Honest and has a good work ethic.
- Good cash handling skills.
- For each Bartender to provide confident and competent service, menu knowledge is essential.
- Know ingredients, preparation methods, taste, and his
- Follow all steps of service.
- Knows all menu descriptions and can recite all items in a way that makes the entrée sound delicious.
- Proactively increase sales through up-selling and complementing the guest's meal.
- Reports to work on time and ready for scheduled shift.
- Maintains a positive, friendly attitude with co-workers, guests, and managers.
- Maintains a clean orderly appearance of the restaurant service area.
- Follows all proper sanitation guidelines.
- Assists/executes any and all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Operates the P.O.S. system proficiently and accurately to maximize the guest dining experience and ensure all information is completed accurately. Follow all Steps of Service
- Provide superior service behind the bar by always preparing drinks according to recipe standards.
- Know drink names, ingredients, and method of preparation, appropriate glassware and garnishes.
- Know all the wines by the glass and at least two wines in each category on the wine list in varying price ranges and styles.
- Know all signature cocktails and be able to describe each.
- Know all specialty liquors, (e.g., small batch bourbon, single malt scotches, cognacs, etc.).
- Know all menu descriptions of food menu.
- Ensure all stock is up to set par levels.
- Complete daily inventory and inform servers/managers/bar servers of any 86's item.
- Verify all guests are at least 21 years of age.
- Provide prompt, accurate reporting of all income received during shift.
- Sell beverages responsibly with guest's best interest in mind.
- Maintain smooth flow of service between bar and server requests.
- Handle cash and all other payment transactions accurately
We offer all full time associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Excellent Bonus Opportunity
- 9 or more Weeks of Comprehensive Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus Theme Parks) and free meals when you work
- California Food Handler's Card
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Bartender vocational training preferred
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food service/hospitality preferred
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Responsible, dependable, punctual.
- Superior communication skills: must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Ability to properly ring in the check and maintain proper cash-handling procedures.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Requires reaching, bending, lifting, and standing for an entire shift.
- Must be able to show enthusiasm for Panda Inn Restaurants and Chinese cuisine.
- Serve food to bar guest's using all steps outlined in this Service Training Manual.
- Report to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Maintain a positive, friendly attitude with co-workers and guests.
- Maintain a clean, orderly appearance of the restaurant service area.
- Assist/execute any and all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all proper sanitation guidelines.
Yaki Yan represents a fine dining experience. Dining room may be crowded at peak periods. Speed is essential in serving customers at any time. There is no provision for sitting down while on duty. Passage ways between dining room & kitchen may be narrow. Work in close proximity to hot surfaces & sharp tools.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top