Associate Manager/Senior Accountant
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Associate Manager/Senior Accountant is responsible for developing financial reporting for the company's Quarterly Financial Review and quarterly bank covenants. This position has primary responsibility for accounting for partner brands and joint venture investments.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Prepares quarterly presentations on the company's financial performance at the store and total company level. Develops financial reporting for the Quarterly Financial Review.
- Serve as lead accountant for financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting for partner brands and joint venture investments.
- Processes transactions for joint venture investments.
- Prepares account reconciliations as assigned.
- Perform various closing duties as assigned.
- Assists Accounting leadership with company's external annual audit.
- Provides customer service to Operations (GMs) in assigned regions, helping them understand P&Ls and responding to questions or issues.
- Prepares quarterly bank covenant reporting.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in Business/Accounting preferred with course work in Accounting required; CPA required
- Minimum three years of public accounting experience, preferably in a nationally recognized accounting firm (i.e. Big 4)
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, and practices
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and sub-systems relevant to Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of the retail/hospitality industry practices preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, facilitation, and training skills
- Project management skills
- Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting/finance software
- Strong financial management and analysis skills
- Ability to access data and produce needed reports
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Ability to lead projects and build consensus
- Ability to mentor and train other associates
- Ability to work positively with other departments ("win/win")
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to talk and share before a group
- Demonstrates proactive behavior and attention to details
- Ability to serve as a role model within the department
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top