Associate Manager, Benefits
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Associate Manager, Benefits position is responsible for overseeing all company benefit programs, ensuring their proper administration and working with the company’s benefits vendor on determining changes to the programs either to enhance them or achieve greater efficiency. This position provides recommendations on changes to the programs to ensure they remain competitive with peer organizations and handles all aspects of open enrollment.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Oversees all employee benefit programs to ensure they are properly administered and legally compliant; conducts analysis to evaluate the rate structure and work with the benefits vendor (consulting firm) to recommend changes to benefit plans to improve coverage and/or deliver benefits more cost effectively.
- Manages and oversees benefits projects, such as selection of new vendors and benefits systems. Manages and maintains vendor relationships.
- Provides recommendations on improving benefits based on competitive analysis with peer organizations in order to address employee concerns and ensure Panda is fully competitive.
- Communicates market competitiveness of benefit programs as a recruiting tool to candidates and HR Generalists.
- Creates training guide and conducts training sessions at the SC and in the field for both Support Center and Operations associates to communicate the benefit options available as the basis for their making appropriate benefit selections.
- Responsible for the annual open enrollment process; assists with cost and budget analysis, communications, vendor selection, and contraction negotiations.
- Assists in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs and stragtegy and analyzing the associated benefit costs.
- Responsible for all ACA related reporting, filings, and communications, working closely with company’s vendor partners and internal departments to ensure ACA and other HR/Benefits compliance (e.g., HIPAA, COBRA, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree required; business and/or HR major preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in HR, with at least three years in benefits, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Back to top