Associate HR Representative
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Associate Field HR Representative partners with Operations management (primarily ACOs/GMs) in support of Operations recruiting and staffing, associate relations, and leadership development. This position works with management to enroll store associates in the company’s mission, values, and culture. The position typically supports 50 – 60 stores under the direct supervision of the Field HR Director.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Partners in the facilitation of People Planning to evaluate internal candidates and identify high potential associates for Operations management. Coaches and advises Operations leadership (primarily ACOs and GMs) on issues related to hiring, associate performance, career and personal development, associate concerns, and terminations. Conducts exit interviews to understand opportunities for improved retention. Works with ACOs to ensure understanding and commitment to the company’s mission, values, and culture.
- Assists in developing and executing staffing plans for Operations to ensure a strong pipeline of internal and external candidates for Assistant Manager to RDO positions. Sources candidates using internet postings, Open House events, college recruiting, job fairs, and direct sourcing, and follows up with new hires to ensure adequate and proper training. Uses Taleo system to screen candidates.
- Investigates complaints and disputes involving Operations associates; involves Field HRDs in achieving resolution.
- Assists Senior Zone Learning Specialists in facilitating training and development sessions for Operations associates as needed. Topics may include 7 Habits, Sexual Harassment, Interviewing Skills, Conducting Effective Performance Reviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; PHR/SPHR or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum three years of work experience, with a minimum of one year HR Generalist or equivalent experience in employee relations, training and development, and recruiting, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of GMIT and annual store training.
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top