Associate Accountant (Fixed Assets)
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Associate Accountant (Fixed Assets) position is responsible for assisting with the capitalizing of Fixed Assets and ensuring the costs incurred to acquire assets are properly classified within the financial statements. This position works with other Fixed Assets associates to ensure Fixed Assets are properly updated and accounted for.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Monitors the capital expenditure process and maintains the Fixed Asset modules. Ensures assets are properly capitalized and depreciated.
- Records changes of assets' status, including disposal, transfer, and adjustments. Works with other Accounting associates to ensure Fixed Assets are properly updated and accounted for.
- Sets up Asset codes in the Asset Management system.
- Maintains Fixed Assets folders for each store. Ensures Fixed Assets folders are properly updated for tax purposes.
- Generates periodic Fixed Asset reports.
- Reconciles and analyzes assigned balance sheet accounts each period.
- May assist with training Accounting associates on Fixed Assets and the Asset Management system.
- Participates in special projects, proactively seeking to improve department processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with coursework in Accounting required
- Minimum one to two years of related experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top