Associate Accountant CFT TEMP
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Associate Accountant position is responsible for updating the fixed assets worksheet and verifying assets detail in the accounting system. This position reconciles and updates all Joint Venture/Investment capital accounts and issues checks for the capital contribution to all investment payments. The Associate Accountant assists with the monthly close, including preparation of lead schedules, preparing and posting of journal entries, and maintenance of the general ledger.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Assists in monthly sales tax return filing.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliation and for recording and managing all bank activities and discrepancies
- Assists with the monthly close, including preparation of lead schedules, preparing and posting of journal entries, and maintenance of the general ledger
- Successf Assists in implementing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures.
- Compiles and extracts data from the accounting system for preparation of the monthly financial statement for manager's review
- Participates in the preparation of accurate and timely quarterly Cherng personal financial statements.
- Performs research on various accounting issues
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Minimum one to two years of relevant experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top