VP Product Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The VP Product Operations role is critical to accomplishing our mission, working with product area leaders to ensure coordination in the effort to execute on our strategy. The successful candidate will be very clear-minded, collaborative, data driven, and outcome focused. You’ll help develop our operational plans and reviews with the product and functional leaders, providing enough tension in the process to ensure a great outcome, yet working collaboratively to arrive at unified proposals. You will lead the Product Communications plan to ensure the entire Product organization is aligned to execute its strategy.
- Take the lead in defining Product Operations strategy, processes and structure to achieve our goals
- Structure and drive a cadence of operation and planning reviews, across multiple products, with different maturity levels and business outcomes
- Serve as the point of contact to other functions for operational plans
- Rigorously set and measure operational metrics and KPIs, that support data driven decisions
- Work closely with the product area leaders on specific product initiatives to identify strengths and opportunities, solve issues, and create remediation plans
- Lead key cross-product initiatives and facilitate cross-functional collaboration
- Leverage clarity in thought to effectively structure and communicate our plans to get approval from exec-staff on a path forward
- Define the communications plan across the R&D to support our strategy
- Track progress, elevate issues, and serve as a close advisor to the Product Leadership team to ensure progress in critical areas
- Recruit and lead a small high performance Product Operations team
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MS degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in corporate or product operations roles
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders up to the C-level
- Ability to work across multiple functions - including Communications, PR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, People, Legal and Operations
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic initiatives
- Excellent clarity and critical thinking skills, and drive for results.
- Knowledge and familiarity with technology in the cybersecurity space
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top