VP Product Management (NGFW Advanced Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is scaling its world-class product management organization and looking for a senior leader to define and build the next-generation of management for the next-generation firewall.
Deploying and configuring Cyber Security equipment is hard and customers do not always do it correctly. Ensuring it is easy for our customers to correctly deploy and fully utilize the NGFW is critical to fulfilling our mission and keeping our customers safe. You will solve this problem by leading a team of product managers defining and owning a revolutionary new service to change how our products are deployed, configured, monitored, and supported. You will work hand in hand with our innovative engineering team to build, deliver, and ensure the success of this new service.
In addition to your own creativity, you will also leverage regular interactions with customers and partners to gain deep insights that shape product requirements and needs. The job requires approximately 10-15 percent travel.
- Responsible for the strategy and direction of NGFW management solutions for both on-prem and cloud
- Build out and lead the NGFW Management product management team
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, pricing, product strategy, and product positioning
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, including engineering, marketing and sales
- Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism, and requirements gathering
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Designed a new innovative and disruptive cloud service
- Strong domain expertise in managing enterprise systems
- Strong UI/UX experience
- Minimum 10+ years in product management or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of success and execution
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers to gather insight as well as provide recommendations to make the products successful globally
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special needs, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top