VP of SRE / DevOps - Prisma Cloud
- Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks®is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Public Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in public cloud. With the recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of RedLock and Evident.io
Keys to Success
We’re looking for a Techncial DevOps Leader that has experience supporting large-scale distributed systems. Technology stack includes managed services like RDS, Redshift and open source databases like Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, and others. Should be extremely familiar with AWS and/or GCP/Azure.
As a DevOps Technical Leader, you will be responsible for the overall health of our product services and the operations team. You will be expected to lead an experienced team of SREs to ensure that the service is functioning well and meeting the SLAs. You will be required to work closely with the development, QA and Support teams. The candidate must be a self-starter and possess very good analytical skills. Must possess the ability to work in an agile environment with minimum guidance. Passion for security is a major plus.
- Customer Success - Work with our support team to ensure customer SLAs are being met.
- Support the product development team and be a strong partner from design through deployment.
- Implement security best practices to keep the environment safe and secure.
- Schedule and manage on-call rotations, requires to be on escalation on-call duty
- Establish and implement best practices standards as well as policies and procedures
- Represent the team in technical and non-technical discussions
- Provide strategic guidance and mentorship to the team
- Strong SRE and Dev Ops Experience
- 5+ years of managing an operations team for a fast-paced product
- Experience with managing remote and geographically distributed teams
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems and redundancy / high-availability and performance optimizations
- Experience with one or more configuration management software: Ansible, Salt or Puppet
- Experience with cloud-based deployments (AWS or OpenStack experience preferred)
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with backup strategies and Disaster Recovery
- Familiar with security and risk mitigation (authentication, encryption, anomaly detection) for a cloud-based environment
- Familiar with compliance regimes (SOC2, ISO etc.).
- Familiar with Vendor management (equipment, licensing etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top