VP Engineering - Prisma Access
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Vice President of Engineering you will be responsible for leading and scaling a 100+ team for all development, SQA, DevOps and operations for our cloud security services that extends the protection of our next-generation security platform. Our cloud security services operationalizes the deployment by leveraging a cloud-based security infrastructure operated by Palo Alto Networks. It uses cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.
- Lead all engineering and operational leadership for our cloud security services. The role will include leading all aspects of development, quality assurance, devops, and all technical staff for this fastest growing product line
- You will work closely with the product management teams when developing and delivering new product launches and updates on time and within
- Drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on execution, quality, and speed
- Ability to hire and retain a world-class and diverse team that will push the boundaries of innovation to deliver a strategic differentiator to Palo Alto Networks’ products
- Lay out the technology architecture for both immediate and long-term growth
- Evangelize the vision internally and Be able to represent the company, product, and team at all levels
- Recognize process and product gaps early and able to drive changes to achieve better outcomes
- Strong executive presence and ability to champion ideas and initiatives
- Be a strong mentor and empower your teams to confidently make decisions
- Foster innovation in the organization
- Technical acumen: You will have strong expertise in multiple categories, including: a proven track record in designing global network infrastructure, implementing and operations within an MPLS, SD-WAN environment, accompanied by dynamic routing, proxy, VPN and public cloud networking. You will also have experience in designing, building and scaling multi-tenant cloud native applications and services with a heavy emphasis on
- Operational leadership: You will have led a team of at least 75 FTEs within the engineering organization. You will have a demonstrable track record in hiring, retaining and developing talent within his/her team. You will have the ability to build relationships across his/her team, with a unique balance of being approachable, yet decisive and confident in his/her convictions. You will have a high degree of gravitas and executive presence as he/she will be presenting and communicating with the senior leadership team on an ongoing basis. You will instill a sense of rigour and discipline within the engineering organization, instilling a level of accuracy, urgency and attention to detail, operate with a high degree of integrity, garnering a level of respect and trust from your
- 12+ years of global infrastructure service design, development and . A bachelor's degree in a science or a technically related field would be beneficial in this role
- Operation of a global infrastructure and/or cloud service including cost optimization and 24x7 monitoring, alerting, and remediation. Experience with inline security functionality including NGFW, IPS, URL filtering, malware sandboxing, and DLP
- You will have led an engineering team of 75+ FTEs having developed, coached and promoted talent within your team.. You will have led operations for the engineering team, with a disciplined approach and meticulous attention to detail, being an example throughout his/her organization.
- A demonstrable record of presenting and communicating at executive briefings is essential in this role, you will have the ability to present technical information to both research and development and commercially oriented audiences
- Proven track record of flawless engineering development solutions with meticulous attention to detail and rigor when delivering projects on time and within
- You will instill a “can do” attitude within the engineering organization, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and constantly moving targets, and adjust deadlines seamlessly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top