UI Engineer (Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Cloud Security team at Palo Alto Networks, you will develop our next-
generation virtualization and cloud security offerings. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing new hypervisor deployments and integrations, integrations with public and private cloud, and core networking improvements in pure software environments.
• You will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
• Individual contribution for complex web software development
• Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve the best quality
• Suggest and implement improvements to development processes
• Candidate should also have hands-on experience with networking, virtualization technologies, public/private cloud and have experience with Linux software development
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 4 years of related programming experience required
• Experience in web based GUI development, preferably for a networking appliance
• Experience with ExtJs
• Experience with PHP, XML and RESTFUL APIs is a plus
• Ability to program in Python or C is a plus
• Experience with networking experience/knowledge is a plus
• Fast learner and excellent problem solving skills
• Development on Linux platform is a plus
• Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top