Territory Sales Manager - Bay Area South
Territory Sales Manager
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Do you have a drive to succeed and over achieve? We are currently seeking seasoned, dynamic and hungry sales professionals to manage and drive sales engagements. We want someone with a passion for connecting our customers with a solution for every stage of threat prevention.
The Named Account Business is a significant driver of Company revenue and growth. As Territory Sales Manager, you are responsible for meeting and completely obliterating your quota by creating and implementing strategic territory plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. You have a demonstrated ability to segment accounts across territory and attack using entire ecosystem with specific focus on partners and marketing (1 to many).
This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a hunter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies. Sound like you? Read on …
This is what you are expected to do …
- In close partnership with your Systems Engineer, leverage mid-market account selling strategies into a mix of install base and competitively held private companies in the Bay Area - South. AKA, sell product, solutions, and services and kill your quota.
- Overachieve on annual quota.
- Generate volume opportunities to deliver a predictable book of business and drive forecast accuracy.
- Engage a programmatic approach to demand generation.
- Foster deep partnerships and leverage channel partners and technology partners, locally and nationally.
- Embody 'sales discipline' and develop well thought-out plans to rapidly develop and expand your territory.
- Leverage all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: inside sales, channel systems engineering, field marketing, cyber security sales specialists, the services team, sales ops (including deal desk and the response team) and others.
- Communicate value propositions to clients that speak intimately to their needs and requirements.
- Perform high level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business.
- Prospect for new business with new and existing customers.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Palo Alto Networks’ opportunity.
- Work in a fast-paced, revenue-driven environment.
Are you a closer?
- You’re known for exceeding quota for 8+ years.
- You understand how to win by leveraging Channel partners and are comfortable with a channel centric go to market approach.
- You have a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to mid-market customers.
- You have a demonstrated ability of uncovering, qualifying, developing, and closing new, white-space territories and accounts. You know that this is your job and you love it!
- You’re a pro who keeps your pipeline accurate and your forecast updated for management.
- You possess, at minimum, a fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools or network technologies. You are also a fast learner.
- You’re persuasive, and have excellent negotiation and presentation skills. You can effectively communicate with both technology-oriented and senior business executives at the “C” level, and are comfortable articulating the technical and business value of the Palo Alto Networks plaftorm.
- You’re a student of sales, and you know which methodology to employ in each situation (i.e. point-product selling, “Challenger” sale, etc).
- You are able to travel as necessary within your territory, and to Company-wide meetings.
- You have excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- You have a BS technical degree or equivalent and consider yourself technical enough to cover some accounts while your SE is busy covering others.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re highly competitive, ramp quickly, are extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding production goals.
- You’re a hunter and love to sell.
- You’re never in the office because you’re out selling.
- You love the prospect of selling in new and untapped sales territories.
- You’re comfortable with an extremely high-growth company and have a history of exceeding your quota through a company’s transformation.
- You’re able to manage all aspects of the sales cycle.
- You hold yourself accountable to your commitments: you know how to accurately predict your business, and quarter after quarter, you hit the number that you commit to.
- As a self-starter, when you find a problem, you alert the team, and fix it…you don’t wait for the next task.
- You like to stay abreast of industry news and trends, and how they affect Palo Alto Networks products and services. You’re also a student of evolving nature of sales.
- Oh and did we say you love to sell, selling is what gets you out of bed every morning?
- You want to be part of something innovative, revolutionary, groundbreaking. You want to change the world.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top