Technical Writer (Prisma Cloud)
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will help our customers bolster the security of their operations and critical data in the public cloud and mitigate cloud security and compliance risks that threaten their ability to drive digital business. As they adopt public cloud platforms, you’ll play a key role in documenting how customers can use our API-based technology to monitor their cloud assets, detect security risks and help incident response teams investigate and respond to threats. By developing high-quality content, you will ensure their success in using our services across multiple public cloud environments and help our customers safely adopt public cloud.
We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and integrates with cloud technologies, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users successfully deploy our technologies. This effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the platform to protect their enterprise resources and generate fewer calls to our support organization.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and are familiar with public and hybrid cloud deployments and infrastructures so that you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you believe that delivering high quality documentation is the cornerstone of customer success. You have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators, and can articulate not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting. You can also follow an established writing style guide and work with your editors to provide consistent and cohesive content, and the best possible documentation for our customers.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their security problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes and have a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them. You think and work independently, but operate as part of a team.
- Adaptable—You can prioritize, adjust to changes midstream, and succeed in an ambiguous environment with competing demand.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure), and are enthusiastic in writing about cloud-computing, containers, and orchestration technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with distributed team members.
- Minimum 3 years of proven technical writing experience with topic-based writing and delivering content to enable a rich and engaging learning experience for users. For example, you have created in-app help, onboarding tutorials, use case examples, and best practices guides, that enable customer success. Experience writing micro copy and content for blogs is a plus.
- Proficient with DITA and XML authoring. Experience with Adobe AEM highly desirable.
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or Google Slides) is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools (Git and Perforce), bug tracking/collaboration tools (GitHub/Jira/Confluence), and build tools (Jenkins)
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top