Technical Support Engineer, Tier 2 - Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User customers via phone, e-mail, and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are used to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record the progress of calls in the call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and standard methodologies to customers
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are documented, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups completed in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Possible travel to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- Be willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and evenings
- Limited to U.S. Citizens due to a government requirement
- 5+ plus years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Required experience with TCP/IP
- Solid experience in routing and switching (OSPF, BGP, VLAN, STP)
- Strong experience with Security (IPsec, SSL-VPN, NAT, GRE)
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), and Fortinet products a plus
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Solid ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top