Technical Support Engineer - Plano, TX
In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners.
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers.
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues.
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis.
- Must be willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and evenings.
- Limited to U.S. Citizens due to government requirement.
- 5+ plus years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required experience with TCP/IP.
- Strong experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP).
- Strong experience with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE).
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), and Fortinet products a plus.
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS).
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top