Technical Support Engineer - Endpoint
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
In this role, you will provide pre and post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. Traveling may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. Work with Development, Sales, QA and Marketing to build a positive customer experience.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners.
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers.
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues.
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review and development of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Participate in regular weekend on-call rotation and provide after-hours support on an as-needed basis.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Required experience with supporting Endpoint software products.
- Required strong experience with Windows, Linux and MAC OS based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging).
- Android and SSL knowledge is a plus.
- Must be familiar with troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, process monitor, process explorer, procdump)
- Strong experience with MS environment (SCCM, GPO, AD, MSSQL, IIS).
- Experience with Endpoint security software is a plus (Antivirus, DLP, IPS, NAC).
- Experience with batch scripting is a plus.
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols required.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required.
Back to top