Technical Support Engineer - Endpoint
In this role you will work as part of a very strong team of TAC Engineers to support Palo Alto Networks End User Customers with all queries regarding our non-signature based Endpoint solution. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Traveling may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. Work with Development, Sales, Q/A and Marketing to build a positive customer experience.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience with end point security software (Antivirus, DLP, IPS, NAC)
- Experience with Security is a plus (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Required experience with supporting end point software products.
- Required strong experience with Windows OS based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging).
- Strong experience with MS environment (Exchange, SCCM, GPO, AD, MSSQL, IIS)
- Experience with batch scripting is a plus
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Education: BS/MS or equivalent experience required
Back to top