Technical Support Engineer - Cloud
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Technical Support Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical support to our customers relating to our cloud integrations. In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology including virtualization and automation, redefining the future of network security. The individual will support Palo Alto Networks technology running in virtual cloud environments from our partners (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.). You will work with customers to resolve their technical issues and document useful technical notes for others to use. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and have a passion for fixing problems when you find them.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners.
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers.
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues.
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis.
- Must be willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and evenings.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with Remote Access VPN solutions, IPSEC, PKI & SSL, TCP/IP, Authentication Protocols (LDAP, RADIUS etc.)
- Experience working with Firewall Central Management Systems.
- Experience working with multi-factor authentication security system (tokens, certificates, CAC cards, and similar)
- Working knowledge of Security services (IDS/IPS, Firewalls etc.)
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required.
- Virtualization experience (AWS, Azure, VMWare, OpenStack)
- Experience with Windows and MAC OS is a plus (Debugging, Editing Registries, Plist etc.)
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), and Fortinet products a plus
Back to top