Technical Support Engineer, APAC
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are a TSIA STAR award-winning group of high-performance engineers supporting business-critical customer service environments. When we're not busy winning things, we excel at scaling, optimization, and providing support in a professional manner in this high-growth industry. If you can smoothly diagnose and solve complex technical issues, come join us!
In this role, you will provide post sales technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail, and web. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating support cases to record the progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in the knowledge base is required. Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. Traveling may be required to customer sites to assist in fault isolation and root cause analysis. Work with Development, Sales, Q/A and Marketing to build a positive customer experience.
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as-needed basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required experience with TCP/IP
- Strong experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Strong experience with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet products a plus
- Prior experience is similar vendor Technical Support Centers a plus
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to speak other languages like Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, or Thai a plus
- Education: BS/MS or equivalent experience required
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top