Technical Support Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will work firsthand with our valued customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
You will regularly participate in technical discussions with multi-functional teams, creating an environment of transparency that ultimately leads to better products, better working environments, and better cybersecurity. Your quick thinking and support to our clients provides the fast assistance they need to keep their environments secure – which means you’ll need to move quickly, thoughtfully, and provide technical assistance as needed (often, in high pressure situations).
- Provide post sales technical support, configurations, troubleshooting, and standard methodologies to customers via phone, e-mail, and web
- Handle support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner
- Use fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and tackle complicated technical issues
- Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify critical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Build a positive customer experience by working closely with Development, Sales, Quality Assurance, and Marketing
- Responsible for reviewing user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, problem solving guides, etc.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- BS/MS or equivalent experience
- 5+ plus years of related experience
- Required experience with TCP IP
- Ability to independently to debug broad, complex, and unparalleled networks with mixed media and protocols required
- In-depth experience in routing and switching (OSPF, BGP, VLAN, STP)
- Experience with security (IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, GRE)
- Prior experience in similar vendor Technical Support Centers
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet products a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of any other major European language will be an advantage
- Fluent knowledge of English
Our technical support team is essential to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top