Technical Marketing Engineering (Cyber Security)
Technical Marketing Engineer (Threat Intelligence and Malware Analysis)
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization’s most valuable assets. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference, this job is for you!
As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and internal employees relating to our advanced endpoint solution, Traps. In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of enterprise security. You will work with customers and channel partners, develop and deliver technical trainings for Systems Engineers, and document useful technical notes for others to use. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. The job requires some travel.
About Palo Alto Networks
We are leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprises, government,
and service provider networks from cyber threats. Because of our deep expertise, commitment
to innovation and game-changing security platform, thousands of customers have chosen us and
we are the fastest growing security company in the market.
Our security platform natively brings together all key network security functions, including advanced threat protection, firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering. Because these functions are natively built into the platform and share important information across the respective disciplines, we ensure better security than legacy firewalls, UTMs, or point threat detection products.
With our platform, organizations can safely enable the use of all applications, maintain complete visibility and control, confidently pursue new technology initiatives like cloud and mobility, and protect the organization from cyber-attacks — known and unknown.
- Create and deliver technical content that informs the field and our customers of new features, including tech notes, solution guides, white papers etc.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies and answer specific questions relative to product area.
- As the subject matter expert, help customers, channel partners, and System Engineers with product related questions and hands on technical training.
- Drive success of beta-customer trials by assisting the customers with understanding and configuring new product capabilities.
- Continues monitoring the performance of new releases after they are generally available.
- Work closely with Product Management on product feedback for future improvements. Review PRDs and engineering specs and provide feedback.
- Help the sales team achieve success of customer trials by assisting with understanding and configuring the product to the best use of its capabilities.
- Experience with malware analysis and/or malware analysis products.
- Capable of solving problems using scripting languages such as python and ruby.
- Proficient in navigating and using data found in Relational databases such as MySQL.
- Experience with creating and working with RESTful APIs.
- Must have prior experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collateral, and presenting to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in building and maintaining POC & Demo environments.
- System administration background a plus.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top