Technical Marketing Engineer (Threat Intelligence)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch technical marketing engineers to expand the team. As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees.
You will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of threat intelligence. As the technical marketing engineer, you will work closely with the field - customers, Systems Engineers and Support Engineers - to enable and educate them on the product and to receive feedback. You'll also work closely with the rest of the PM team to make sure that feedbacks and gaps are addressed in the product using next-generation innovations.
- Create and deliver technical content that informs the field and our customers of new features, including tech notes, solution guides, white papers, etc.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies and answer specific questions relative to the product area
- As the subject matter expert on threat intel, assist System Engineers, channel partners, and customers with product related questions and hands-on technical training
- Drive success of beta-customer trials by assisting the customers with understanding and configuring new product capabilities
- Continues monitoring the performance of new releases after they are generally available
- Work closely with product management and engineering on product feedback for future improvements
- Review PRDs and engineering specs and provide feedback
- Build out and manage lab environments and demo systems to replicate real-world simulations
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning
- Assist with Executive Briefing Center sessions related to threat intelligence in our headquarters
- Self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed
- The job requires some travel
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other engineering/technical
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical marketing or equivalent degree
- Experience with threat intel products
- Understanding of threat intelligence frameworks like the cyber kill chain, attack, and the diamond model
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation options
- Experience with scripting, automation and working with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge with writing and editing technical documentation and operational procedures
- Must have prior experience delivering technical product training and presenting to customers
- Knowledge in building and maintaining POC & Demo environments
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
Jacqueline T.Senior Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead, Endpoint Security
Jaqueline and her team assist customers who call in with technical questions or issues in order to ensure excellent user experiences and complete platform security.
Back to top