Technical Account Manager - Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Our technical account managers work with our premium support engineers to personalize our customers’ experience. Your knowledge of our customers’ business challenges will be the differentiator to their success in a cybersecurity environment. Understanding their initiatives and business objectives as it relates to their technical environment – and how that relates to their cybersecurity solutions, is how we secure their platforms. This will enable you to find complex problems that our clients need assistance resolving and craft solutions for those problems. It is a constantly evolving career for individuals who love a challenge, with a significant end result.
- Work with your accounts to develop and maintain effective working relationships with company leaders
- Work with internal partners strategically to inform the product direction on behalf of your customers
- Provide critical support services, monitor complex issues and work closely with the Customer support and Engineering teams to utilize proper resolution processes
- Ensure your engagement with each customer is planned and documented in a customer support plan and reviewed yearly
- Conduct on-site visits to build familiarity with your customer's environment
- Document onsite visits, meetings/actions, customer interactions, and technical environment details
- Identify new business opportunities for our company with your clients with a solution driven mindset
- Expand working knowledge of current Palo Alto Networks products and their business applications
- Knowledge management within our Technical Services, particularly with respect to customer case studies, experiences, and improved standard methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience in technical support and/or professional services within the high-tech industry preferred
- 5+ years of client facing sales experience and/or services delivery roles
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- Shown ability to prioritize within a demanding workload and consistently deliver results
- Broad technical knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by Enterprise Accounts
- Previous account management experience required, with the achievement of goals relating to customer happiness and account development
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain impact in business terms
- Ability to summarize a situation clearly for executives within Palo Alto Networks or customer organization, and confident in delivering presentations to a senior audience
- Willingness and ability to travel (occasionally at short notice), provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in an NT or Unix environment
- Knowledge of Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Background in debugging broad, complex, and unusual networks with mixed media and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to handle critical issues, drive discussion and present internal and customer issues at the executive level
Our technical support team is significant to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry. We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top