Technical Account Manager - Plano, TX
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) will engage to personalize their customers’ experience and ensure a successful Palo Alto Networks deployment. The TAM will develop a working partnership to share best practice and mitigate risk for their customers. The TAM will effectively become a virtual part of their customers’ teams, as well as the Palo Alto Networks account and support delivery teams. They will engage proactively with the customer to align Palo Alto Networks technology with business and technical needs. They will provide escalation management for any technical issues encountered with their customers’ enterprise deployment, resulting in faster time to value.
The TAM must have a deep understanding of their customer’s business challenges and objectives as well as their technical environment, in order to provide technical solutions and escalation management to their designated accounts.
- Own the overall post-sales technical relationship with named customers, and be responsible for total customer experience for those assigned accounts. This will involve orchestrating the engagement across multiple stakeholders e.g. customer, partner/SI and multiple functions within Palo Alto Networks.
- Work at a strategic level within Palo Alto Networks, engaging with Senior Management within the Business Units in order to influence strategic, operational, and tactical direction on behalf of named customers.
- Work at a high level within named accounts, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with customer dept leaders (e.g., Managers/Directors); as well as any key partners or systems integrators involved in their designated accounts.
- Ensure the TAM engagement with each customer is planned and documented in a tailored customer support plan, which is executed on and regularly reviewed throughout the engagement.
- Throughout the customer engagement, fully document on-site visits, meetings/actions, customer interactions, and technical environment details. Also provide regular interaction reporting as agreed with the customer.
- Conduct on-site visits as appropriate to develop the customer relationship, build familiarity with the customer environment, and help mitigate and bring issues to resolution.
- Provide mission critical support services, monitor complex issues and work closely with the Customer support and Engineering teams to ensure proper escalation and resolution processes are utilized.
- Independently manage complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Palo Alto Networks Technical Services (including partner resources where appropriate), and Palo Alto Networks Engineering.
- Communicate proactively with accounts regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans where appropriate.
- Become a trusted advisor for customers on how to best leverage Palo Alto Networks and when to introduce appropriate services and/or partner resources.
- Responsible for the identification of new business opportunities for Palo Alto Networks within client company.
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current Palo Alto Networks products and their business applications.
- Collect and maintain useful information regarding customer implementation, technical environment and business priorities, and share internally as appropriate on behalf of customer.
- Facilitate strategic quarterly business reviews to align business and technical goals with Palo Alto Networks plans.
- Contribute towards knowledge management within Palo Alto Networks technical services, particularly with respect to customer case studies, experiences and best practice.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical support and/or professional services within the high tech industry preferred.
- 5+ years of client facing engagement experience and/or services delivery roles.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize within a demanding workload and deliver results under pressure.
- Broad technical knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by Enterprise Accounts.
- Previous account management experience required, with demonstrable achievement of KPIs relating to customer satisfaction and account development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage critical issues, drive discussion and present internal and customer issues at the executive level.
- Willingness and ability to travel (occasionally at short notice).
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain impact in business terms.
- Ability to summarize a situation clearly for executives within Palo Alto Networks or customer organization, and confident in delivering presentations to a senior audience.
- Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2, PMP, Agile, or ITIL) are desired but not essential.
- Ability to manage and drive a customer relationship forward, identifying creative ways to deliver value throughout that relationship.
- Demonstrated skills in escalation management and conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to think critically, to identify problems and to generate, evaluate, and implement workable solutions.
- Ability to work comfortably in multi-party relationships and co-ordinate resolution activity across those parties.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills (Preferred):
- Technical experience in the Enterprise/Network Security Industry
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Background in debugging broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top