Tech Lead/Manager (Application Framework)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We foster a culture of innovation, authenticity, and collaboration. This focus helps to advance our mission of protecting our way of life in the digital age. Our people make this possible. It’s in our everyday interactions, how we work together and treat each other, that sets Palo Alto Networks apart from other organizations. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
With Application Framework, we’re building the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining our deep expertise in security with the state of the art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning (think exabytes of data).
This is an opportunity to use both your technical expertise and your passion for delivering business value to be a part of an org tackling real problems for real businesses on the largest software development platform in the world.
As a Tech Lead/Manager, you will be leading a small team of highly motivated software developers that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. You will be responsible for building large-scale distributed software systems in Java, Python and other languages using open source technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, Spark, Flink etc, and other proprietary technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to help build the products and practices that will support our growth over the next decade. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the role for you. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Lead a small team of developers working on the Application Framework.
- Expand the team(s) by hiring world-class engineers and establish great relationships with your peers.
- Manage the performance and career development of one or more teams of engineers
- Interface with the broader Application Framework team to help develop a long-term technology roadmap.
- Be both a hands-on leader who is deeply involved in the coding and development process as well as a thoughtful people manager.
- Project management and tracking
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in software engineering management
- Advanced-level of professional experience in software development
- Successful track record of managing small teams of engineers and project management skills.
- Experience with industry, open-source projects and/or academic research in large-data distributed systems.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following areas. Real-time stream processing, Columnar databases, Indexing and search, Query processing, Hadoop, Flink, Spark
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
Back to top