Systems Engineer - South Africa
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you and your Named Account Manager will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers within the Sub-Saharan African market, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion. You will additionally be responsible for customer satisfaction and will be required to follow up with customers for feedback and resolution of issues, also you will act as the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ TAC. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
Extensive travel within the territory is required.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Super organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Meet Some of Palo Alto Networks's Employees
VP, Supply Chain Operations
Vonnie oversees the end-to-end supply chain for the manufacture and delivery of Palo Alto Networks’ hardware, ensuring that customers receive outstanding products in a timely manner.
Back to top