Systems Engineer Service Provider
- Toronto, Canada
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are currently seeking a seasoned sales engineer to help drive sales engagements from a technical perspective within a large service provider. In this position, you will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses.
The Systems Engineer is directly responsible for the technical sales motion for his/her targeted service provider customers. The focus is to ensure that our service provider customers choose Palo Alto Networks to secure their internal IT and revenue networks.
● Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions
● Create and deliver compelling proof of concept demonstrations of Palo Alto products and solutions
● Create strategies and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model
● Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
● Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
● Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within the assigned Service Provider account
● Collaborate with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
● Understand competitive offers in the marketplace
● Assist customers through the support escalation process
● Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, participate in technical communities of interest
● Identify problems in customer environments and drive successful outcomes
● Effectively engage SP partner and end customers at the technical level and management levels
● Effective in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
● Sales engineering experience 3+ years
● Experience working with a Major Service Provider – preferably Cable Operators
● Prior experience selling network infrastructure, and security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SASE, Endpoint and Cloud Security
● Experience with Cloud and Virtualization architectures
● Automation experience with uCPE and VNFs
● Practical knowledge of routing and switching products
● Experience working with MSSP service creation and Go-to-market desired
● Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
● Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
● Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
● Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
● Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach
● Very strong organizational skills
● "Whatever it takes" attitude
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top