Systems Engineer, Public Cloud Security Specialist -Federal
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer – Public Cloud Security Specialist, you will be the expert on our cybersecurity offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed the typical Systems Engineering requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with Specialists in the advanced or new technology area such as public cloud).
The Public Cloud Security Specialist role is a technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. The role is measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer wins. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management and Competitive Intelligence to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- As our expert in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP) and the Palo Alto Networks RedLock/Evident platform, and securing Public Cloud deployments, be able to articulate to customers at all levels in the hierarchy, from engineer to CIO the value proposition of the platform
- Lead conversations about trends and emerging changes to the public cloud security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with when utilizing public cloud IaaS services to for critical data, intellectual property, and mission-critical applications
- Discuss, with credibility, the competitive landscape and position ours as the best alternative.
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Help customers adopt Palo Alto Networks public cloud security offerings
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in the public cloud (AWS, Azure & Google Cloud)
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Provide technical demos to and lead deep dive discussions with prospective customers
- Write code/scripts as needed (or be able to learn if you don’t)
- Run Proof of Concepts (POCs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Act as a conduit for customer feedback to Product Management, Technical Marketing, Competitive Intelligence and R&D to create requirements and deliver product features for our customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for the rollout, and implementation during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities. The Public Cloud Security Specialist will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP) and cloud security models (security in the cloud and of the cloud), and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint, including topics around certification and compliance
- Large Infrastructure experience. DevOps experience will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on how to leverage APIs
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages will be advantageous
- Familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager or GCP Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Familiarity with containerization services i.e. Kubernetes
- Degree in CS or equivalent and 3+ years of public cloud experience as a public cloud architect, Infrastructure architect, systems engineer, solutions architect, or
- Demonstrable experience with AWS, Microsoft Azureand Google Cloud Platform installation, configuration and administration of security features and services (including and not limited to identity and access management, service-related security features, networking, firewalls, encryption, and related best practices)
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with IaaS deployments, connectivity, network security, virtualization and compute
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Travel within the designated region
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Strong organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Experience working at companies in the enterprise public cloud space is an added plus
Back to top