Systems Engineer - Kenya
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Systems Engineer - Kenya
- Present the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers
- Create and delivering demonstrations of the products
- Gather customer technical requirements
- Create evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and will be required to follow up with customers for feedback and resolution of issues
- Act as the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ TAC. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is required, International travel may be required as necessary.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Excellent language skills in English
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Super organisational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space within the Kenyan market
Back to top