Systems Engineer - Israel
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work with your Sales Partner to establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches by advising them on what applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our systems engineers have a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyberthreats facing our potential customer’s environments.
We need these technical specialists to work with our Sales Teams, providing training and technical support. You build trust with our clients and teams, establishing strong rapport as a trusted advisor, and build an environment where our clients feel (and are) secure. Additionally, you'll be called upon to offer feedback to our product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base.
- Understand and effectively present Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions
- Craft and deliver compelling demonstrations of our products and solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical presales activities to opportunity closure
- Expand the install base within existing accounts
- Effectively enable and utilize channel partners and work successfully in a channel centered sales model
- Craft evaluation test plans with customers, and handle the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Understand and be prepared to assist customers through the support escalation process
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge
- Participate in technical communities of interest
- Understand Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on NGFW and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development
- Articulate what we value and our vision for network security
- Identify problems in customer environments and position our solutions
- Engage customers at technical field and technical management levels
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing).
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Effective in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative analytical skills; focused on continued development and experience
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products that are installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern datacenter and cloud infrastructure and technology is a plus
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern network threats and malware will be an advantage
- Experience with, or knowledge of, network forensics and incident response will be an advantage
- Experience with, or knowledge of, automation and orchestration tools and technologies is a plus
- Relevant Palo Alto Networks certification – eg PCSNE, PSE, ACE, etc. is a plus
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc. will be an advantage
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top