Systems Engineer, Cortex - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Systems Engineer Specialist, you will oversee pre-sale and/or post-sale support of company products/systems in the region you are supporting. At times, you will build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate the feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
- Provide technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation
- Maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
- Provide answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications
- Provide software development and consultation to prospective users
- We are looking for a person who possesses a dynamic personality and operational excellence in a SOC and/or DevOps
- Security in your background and/or experience
- Experience working at a startup, since we wear different hats and due to our aggressive growth
- Knowing how “life at a startup” works is very significant
- Important you are comfortable and even driven when you have a very heavy workload
- Strong presentation skills are required
- Have prior pre-sales SE experience is a plus
- Experience with SIEM products, like HPE ArcSight, Rapid7, Q1 Radar (IBM), Elastic, Splunk among others is a plus
- Native level of Japanese and high-business level of English
Cortex is a comprehensive Security Operations Platform that combines full case management, intelligent automation, and collaborative investigation. Supporting over 260 applications and with a community of over 4,000 we are redefining incident response. If you are highly motivated, competitive, and do not shy away from tough challenges, come join our mission and become part of some of the best minds in the world to shape the future of security operations.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top