At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner lead the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Identify and document specific problems at your prospects and customers which can be solved through the deployment of our solutions
- Architect and propose solutions which tackle the identified problems in a unique and differentiated way
- Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on NGFW and some competitor technologies; Continuous technical development
- Gain validation from the prospect that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
- Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Exceed quota
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of our products and solutions, while effectively differentiating against our top competitors
- Create and lead evaluations and proof of concepts that clearly demonstrate the compelling differentiators of Palo Alto Networks’ product portfolio
- Own, create, and present architecture documents, which clearly articulate the technical and commercial benefits of our solution including the security, operations, and return on investment impacts to your top customers and prospects
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process
- Domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required
- Articulates the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security; Effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels
- Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE or Systems Integrator
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products
- Strong analytical skills able to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Proven experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitor solutions and selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or solving network security products
- Experience with, or knowledge of modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology, network threats and malware, forensics and incident response, automation, and endpoint security products and tech
- Relevant industry certifications – e.g. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top