System Engineer-Major Accounts-Chicago
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Systems Engineer – Major Accounts - Chicago
As a Palo Alto Networks Major Accounts Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory to:
- Identify and document specific problems at your prospects and customers which can be solved through the deployment of a Palo Alto Networks solution
- Architect and propose solutions which solve the identified problems in a unique and differentiated way
- Gain validation from the prospect that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
- Prove that the Palo Alto Networks solution solves the problem
- Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Exceed quota
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Understand and effectively present the Palo Alto Networks’ security platform
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions
- Create and lead evaluations and proof of concepts that clearly demonstrate the compelling differentiators of Palo Alto Networks’ product portfolio.
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Own, create, and present architecture documents, which clearly articulate the technical and commercial benefits of the Palo Alto Networks solution including the security, operations, and ROI impacts to your top customers and prospects.
- Contribute to best practice, security update, competitive, and process improvement information
- Manage the extension and return of evaluation equipment within your prospects and customers
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process
- Technical competence: Understands most Palo Alto Networks products, with a focus on NGFW and some competitive technologies; Continuous technical development.
- Agenda setting: Effectively articulates the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security; Effective in identifying problems in customer environments and positioning Palo Alto Networks solutions; Effectively engages customers at technical field and technical management levels.
- Professional skills: Effective in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; focused on continued development and experience.
- Attitude: Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
- Teamwork: Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team.
- Domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Candidates should have practical experience working with routing and switching products
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing).
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends.
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or troubleshooting network security products.
- Experience with, or knowledge of
- Modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology.
- Modern network threats and malware.
- Network forensics and incident response.
- Automation and orchestration tools and technologies.
- End point security products and technologies
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
Back to top