System Engineer - Enterprise
The Systems Engineer Level is an important member of the technical sales team who can identify complex security challenges in the customers’ networks and drive solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services. The SE is the technical sales representative of the company and ensures full customer satisfaction. Working in conjunction with their Sales partner, the SE helps the customer detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory to:
- Identify and document specific problems at your prospects and customers which can be solved through the deployment of a Palo Alto Networks solution
- Architect and propose solutions which solve the identified problems in a unique and differentiated way
- Gain validation from the prospect that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
- Prove that the Palo Alto Networks solution solves the problem
- Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Exceed quota
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (Data Center, SDN, Public Cloud, Security, Networking, End point, etc.)
Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs/trunking, IP routing including static routes, OSPF and BGP, route re-distribution, L4 Load-balancing). Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends.
Knowledge of competitive solutions and solution selling strategies. Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or troubleshooting network security products.
BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
Effective in customer facing engagement, presentations, and in writing.
Focused on continued skills development and learning experiences.
Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
Responsible for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
Team player who works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended sales team.
Back to top